Guided by our primary objective to reduce the negative effects of stress and trauma in Santa Barbara County, Healing Opportunities facilitates treatment for thousands of individuals with NADA ear acupuncture annually, and seeks to achieve a broader goal of supporting overall health and well-being for our community.
Depending on circumstance, our team of volunteers or our team of practitioners utilize one of two tools: ultra-fine needles or ear seeds, magnets or tacks to administer acupuncture. (Ear seeds and magnets are tiny pellets with an adhesive backing and may be used in place of ear needles for those who prefer them). All are placed at five standardized, well-researched points on the ear.
The acupuncture points used help:
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Relieve insomnia and pain,
- Provide a general sense of well-being
- Increase productivity and concentration
- Increase the efficacy of weight loss and smoking cessation programs.
- NADA ear acupuncture can be administered anywhere, it is designed to adapt to any situation from board room to emergency tent.
- Currently, our program is being used to address stress and trauma in first responders and community members through the Medical Reserve Corps- MRC and Doctors Without Walls-Santa Barbara Street Medicine-SBDWW
- We also, support the boards and staff of nonprofits in Santa Barbara County who are caring for our community.
- You can find more information about our programs for facilitating treatment and learn how to Get Involved and help us make acupuncture treatment accessible to our community.
- Our Sundays in Service program offers complimentary acupuncture on a quarterly basis, to all caregivers (individuals and professionals), including healthcare and caregiver practitioners and their staff. Times and locations where treatment is made available are listed on our Community Calendar. Contact us for details.
Healing Opportunities seeks to raise awareness of the benefits of acupuncture by creating and promoting educational programs that increase knowledge and foster such awareness.
View our Community Calendar to find: Continuing Education Classes for acupuncturist as well as informational outreach events for community members.
To schedule an orientation, assessment, educational event or to collaborate on an event such as a health fair or board retreat contact us.